Dehumidifiers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Are there any good ones being sold or is it aa hit or miss type deal. The older Crosley that we've had over 30 years finally stopped working and the Hisense we bought in 2016 isn't pulling any water out of the air.

I originally had a Soleus and it lasted 1.5 years. Then I bought a GE and also lasted 1.5 years. Then I bought a Danby, and bought a $60 warranty for 5 years. So far it’s been about 5.5 years and it’s still running great. Even if it quits tomorrow I’ll still be ahead.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I have an LG that's been cranking for 6 years (basement setup drain in basement so I just run a hose mess /less work free).

I have a second LG in the box for backup.

Thanks for the replies, since we wanted one the day after I posted this, we went with another Hisense 55 pint dehumidifier. We had a Hisense 35 pint, so far the new one is working just fine.

i've wanting to buy a nice quiet one the one we have has been working great even tho it is about 35 years old. pull about 2 gallons of water out of the basement everyday. the downside of this dehum is it is loud enough to wake the dead. i don't want to buy a new one every two years.

I just bought a Midea 22 pint unit on Amazon. Cheap enough and it keeps the basement humidity around 50%. Only 250 watts when in use. About $1 a day according to my killawatt meter. I do wish the humidity setting was in increments of 1 instead of 5. That way I could set the humidity somewhere between 46 and 50, which ever gets it evenly under 50 across the entire basement and still not run all the time. However, these have been humid days lately.