Delaware area wood suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
Anyone is the area of Delaware need any help this winter splitting wood or whatever. I'm around I'm trying to accumulate about two cords good wood for next year, rest I purchase. So I'm cheap help I'd say. Ha ha let me know

Hockessin, right? Look up a member here named Srbenda. He's not too far from you and last I talked to him had some black locust he was trying to get rid of. I grabbed some full logs from him recently but he still had close to a cord unsplit that was free to the first taker. It may be gone by now but can't hurt to ask. PM him and he should get back to you rather quickly. Tell him Clyde sent you.

Reactions: Sully
Hockessin, right? Look up a member here named Srbenda. He's not too far from you and last I talked to him had some black locust he was trying to get rid of. I grabbed some full logs from him recently but he still had close to a cord unsplit that was free to the first taker. It may be gone by now but can't hurt to ask. PM him and he should get back to you rather quickly. Tell him Clyde sent you.
Thanks I talked to him and he still has some left. Got to love this forum. I was up late last night and figured I just toss this post out there see what happens. Perfect. Thanks

Reactions: Clyde S. Dale
If you have never burned locust, it is one of the best we have around here. Get it split and stacked soon for next year and you won't be disappointed.

I'm going to get it Saturday if I don't have to work but I'm gonna get soon either way. I read it's a nice wood to burn

Well there you go - and only after a week on the forum. Again, welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.