Dell Point Europa fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimp really likes the Dell Point, Maybe he needs to ask the wifey if he can buy one?

I like the stove myself but no auto ignite steered me away.

I liked this fire too!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

THUNDERDOME! 2 stoves enter......1 stove leaves.

BLIMP said:
swirling flame vs vertical flame?

Vertical looks more real, When have you seen a campfire swirl like that?

Dell point is the most efficient so you win! More heat using less=good!

We all must be real DA's getting excited over a flame in a pellet stove...God help us....

krooser said:
We all must be real DA's getting excited over a flame in a pellet stove...God help us....

duck's asses?

j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:

duh, when the wind aint not blowing!

BLIMP said:
j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:

Yeah, But I can go down to the basement and see my stove. You have to go to U-tube to drool! Maybe I win? %-P

j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:
j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:

Yeah, But I can go down to the basement and see my stove. You have to go to U-tube to drool! Maybe I win? %-P
if u heat house from the cellar & need a self igniter, u definitely win

BLIMP said:
j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:
j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:

I heat the whole house with my Omega. There are a few cool spots. For the most part the house is kept at 72ºF so we are the warmest with this stove so far. I am working on replacing the convection blower with a larger cfm unit to move more air and add duct to the stove. Best I can do till I can afford the pellet furnace!

Dell point planning a furnace?

Delta-T said:
krooser said:

duck's asses?
dumb asses!!!! me included....

BLIMP said:
dont make sense to add cfm to a stove that has been engineered per design.

I got the BTU's but I need to move them better. Higher CFM will move more air at a lower temp. No hot totsies when you step on the vent. Same as the furnaces do, duh!

Pook (Blimp) likes the Dell Point but we know he`d probably try burning coal and logs in it anyway.

Gio said:
Pook (Blimp) likes the Dell Point but we know he`d be probably try burning coal and logs in it anyway.

Not to mention waste oil, nuclear waste, and manure.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Gio said:
Pook (Blimp) likes the Dell Point but we know he`d be probably try burning coal and logs in it anyway.

Not to mention waste oil, nuclear waste, and manure.

And old smelley socks w/ holes in them to let the flames come through and "swirl". ;-P

krooser said:
Delta-T said:
krooser said:

duck's asses?
Europa has patented burnpot which gassifies the pellets be4 the flame & claims higher efficiency due to less combustion air blowing thru the stove. the other is the standard burnpot & u can see embers fly.

BLIMP said:
krooser said:
Delta-T said:
krooser said:

duck's asses?
Europa has patented burnpot which gassifies the pellets be4 the flame & claims higher efficiency due to less combustion air blowing thru the stove. the other is the standard burnpot & u can see embers fly.
I ran a Franco Belge oil catalytic stove in my finished basement for 7-8 yrs (oil was cheaper then) which did a similar thing . It was great and produced good clean heat (knob adjustable) and required no electric but the truth was my oil furnace was a bit more more efficient , quicker to heat , and easier to use and required less maintenance.
I`m not saying the Dell Point does not have the most efficient burn but there other good pellet stoves that cost less , are self starting , and have good efficiency ratings too . That said the Dell Point technology is interesting but they really need to come up with a auto start system to get them out of that niche segment. But maybe they are content where they are..

Gio said:
BLIMP said:
krooser said:
Delta-T said:
krooser said:

duck's asses?
I ran a Franco Belge oil catalytic stove in my finished basement for 7-8 yrs (oil was cheaper then) which did a similar thing . It was great and produced good clean heat (knob adjustable) and required no electric but the truth was my oil furnace was a bit more more efficient , quicker to heat , and easier to use and required less maintenance.
I`m not saying the Dell Point does not have the most efficient burn but there other good pellet stoves that cost less , are self starting , and have good efficiency ratings too . That said the Dell Point technology is interesting but they really need to come up with a auto start system to get them out of that niche segment. But maybe they are content where they are..
hang on to your wallet cause a new oil burner condensing technology has just developed which allows for venting with a pvc pipe & claims up to 99% efficiency. no oil atomizer gun involved.

j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:

I got the BTU's but I need to move them better. Higher CFM will move more air at a lower temp. No hot totsies when you step on the vent. Same as the furnaces do, duh!
u might wanna ask an engineering forum if the oversized blower will wear out prematurely due to the air plenum space of the stove= might need to make some holes?

BLIMP said:
j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:

u might wanna ask an engineering forum if the oversized blower will wear out prematurely due to the air plenum space of the stove= might need to make some holes?

Don't have to. The Enviro Maxx M is the sister to the Omega and has the exact same chassis. I am using the blower from the Maxx M.

Omega 200 CFM

Maxx M 455 CFM

The engineering has already been done for me! duh?

j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:
j-takeman said:
BLIMP said:
j-takeman said:
BLIMP" date="1283908336 said:

I heat the whole house with my Omega. There are a few cool spots. For the most part the house is kept at 72ºF so we are the warmest with this stove so far. I am working on replacing the convection blower with a larger cfm unit to move more air and add duct to the stove. Best I can do till I can afford the pellet furnace!

Dell point planning a furnace?

Rumors about a furnace and a boiler. Claude is in talks with some folks, but I dont think he will invest in R&D until biomass central heating interest picks up. I dont know if I'm allowed to mention this, SO I WILL but the European market is so impressed at his combustion design that he is shipping orders of 50-100 at a time to dealers over sea's. They are ahead of the curve on biomass it seems. If the European market shows enough interest in his technology and central heating, it may get him moving a little faster.

Attachments

• Dell Point Europa fire
    GF45-300x332.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 247
Status
Not open for further replies.