Dell Point Europa Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmaZ

Jan 4, 2009
Northern Indiana
I have some questions regarding the upkeep and maintenance of the Dell Point Europa. I have model 75. Before Christmas, the stove cut off with an "F5" reading. I allowed it to cool, disconnected it, opened up the back, took apart the augur motor and vacuumed it. I also removed the control panel and replaced the augur motor fuse. (1/2 amp, 500 milliamp). Then the stove worked fine for 1 week.
After one week, I allowed it to burn out 2 days ago, then cleaned it and re-started it yesterday. When I re-started it, it cut off almost immediately with an E5 reading, which then changed to an F6 reading. I allowed it to cool, disconnected it, cleaned it, opened the control panel and changed the augur extraction fuse. Then when I re-started it today, it cut off with an E6 reading. My entire house is currently filled with acrid, stinky grey smoke. Last year, I had a licensed electrician check the outlet and he certified that my electrical connection is good. I need some help with this stove. I bought it at A Fire's Place in Lafayette, Indiana, in 2006, but they will no longer service it, since they no longer sell it. I had a lot of problems with my first model, so they replaced it with this one last summer. The stove has only worked 3 weeks this winter. Instead of putting up a Christmas tree or otherwise celebrating the holidays, I have spent my vacation looking for the right fuses and talking to a spokesman for Fireplace Products International office in DeKalb. To his credit, he has sent me some free fuses.
Please send me some information about how to maintain and upkeep this stove. I have been assured that other people are satisfied with it, but the amount of time and headache it has caused me seems inordinant. I am reminded of my daughter's flimsy "Easy Bake oven." It seems like an experimental technology at the consumer's expense at best. At its worst, I can only call this appliance a cruel joke in the dead of winter.
EmmaZ

Status
Not open for further replies.