Desiring to install a Olympic 49 free Standing fire place . Its been recently disabled, cleaned, and the seams revealed.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mrfixitsteve

Sep 19, 2023
Landers California
I'm looking for the proper dimensions for wall clearance, I'm hopeful 24 inches, along with a heat shield , will be sufficient. But how large should the heat shield be ? Thinking on using sheet metal , with at least a 1 inch air gap , raised 2 inches off the floor. It appears the fireplace had doors at 1 time , all though mine has a screen. I'll be using 8inch Single wall stack, and using an heat recliner to help with heat loss. Any additional information on this fireplace, manufacture data ect will be appreciated, thank you for your help.

20230919_193614.jpg