Destroyed my cat. ...how'd it happen??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I killed my cat by not having my door not adjusted properly. I adjusted it when I got the stove before my first burn, re adjusted the second year and figured I was good to go, the third year I killed it, I checked the door and it failed the dollar bill test. Now I check it constantly and have an extra gasket on hand.

I know I killed my cat by not having my door not adjusted properly. I adjusted it when I got the stove before my first burn, re adjusted the second year and figured I was good to go, the third year I killed it, I checked the door and it failed the dollar bill test. Now I check it constantly and have an extra gasket on hand.

How tight is your door handle to close? Like one finger tight? Or whole hand torque?

Does the knife edge steel frame on the stove jab right into the middle of your gasket or does the pressure sort of squirt the gasket away?

Status
Not open for further replies.