Dhw loop?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Ok it seem my hot water loop is running backwards? Any Ideas the bottom line is hot and the top is cold?

smokinjay said:
Ok it seem my hot water loop is running backwards? Any Ideas the bottom line is hot and the top is cold?

Does your circ pump have a internal flow check. Did this just happen or has it always been like that?

Sounds like you need a flow check or heat trap 'U'.

huffdawg said:
smokinjay said:

Does your circ pump have a internal flow check. Did this just happen or has it always been like that?

Its set-up just like example #3 Its work fine until I shut the water loop out a week ago to clean it.

http://www.hilkoil.com/domesticcoil-install.pdf

smokinjay said:
huffdawg said:
smokinjay said:

Its set-up just like example #3 Its work fine until I shut the water loop out a week ago to clean it.

Maybe you have a pocket of air in the coil . is there any way you can push water through the coil to burp it out .

huffdawg said:
smokinjay said:
huffdawg said:
smokinjay said:

Maybe you have a pocket of air in the coil . is there any way you can push water through the coil to burp it out .

Yep see what happens.

maybe I missed something, but is this the potable water supply that you use in household, or boiler water? If it is the potable water, I assume you are using a circulator to get it to and from the heat storage tank coil to the water heater. If that is the case, just reverse flow of circulator by turning pump upside down and rotating the motor to keep electronics of pump on top. I did the same thing.

smokinjay said:
Its work fine until I shut the water loop out a week ago to clean it.

How'z the saying go? . . . If it works, don't mess with it??? :bug:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
smokinjay said:

Your right.....Still have not figured it out.

smokinjay said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
smokinjay said:

Can you verify the tempering tank cold water inlet is still going to the bottom of the tank.

huffdawg said:
smokinjay said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
smokinjay said:

Can you verify the tempering tank cold water inlet is still going to the bottom of the tank.

I can try and get back with you on that....

Not trying to be funny but I've done things like this so thought I would ask. If it worked beforeand stopped working after disconnecting did you by chance connect the bottem of the coil hose to the top of the tempering tank and the top fitting of the coil to the bottem? It would be very easy to switch hoses. Depending on how the hoses are run you could have the bottem hose higher and that would cause your thermo-syphen to run different. Remember the hot has to be higher than the cold at all times to work
leaddog

Status
Not open for further replies.