1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

DHW Mega-Score !!!

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by mustash29, Jul 8, 2013.

1. mustash29

mustash29 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE CT
    Mega-score from CL. 75 bones. These go for 1250 new. :cool:

Crown Mega-Stor MS-40, 40 Gal, stainless tank & coil, Honeywell L400 aquastat, drain valve.

Plumber just removed it from his house that he is cleaning out and selling. It's 13 yrs old but in great condition.

[​IMG]

The plan is to abandon the tankless coil on the oil boiler. I think it will fit nicely on the right side of the boiler, hardly any piping to run.

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. arbutus

arbutus Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Michigan UP
  3. velvetfoot

velvetfoot Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Sand Lake, NY
    Great deal and all, and not to rain on your parade, but I have just about the same setup as you (is that a Burnham boiler?) and have an indirect tank, but I figured it'd be cheaper to run an electric water heater, and that's what I did.
  4. mustash29

mustash29 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE CT
    I'm still searching for a deal on a quality electric to use during non-heating season.

I currently get most of my heat from an Englander 28-3500 wood furnace. I may play around with installing a water coil (Hilkoil) in it running a non pressurized loop & some storage.

I have researched a Froling 20/30 setup with pressurized storage and an Empyre Elite 100 which is non pressurized.

I will soon be looking a what Varmebaronen has to offer.

This place is addictive, and the info / discussions are awesome. :)
  5. TheMightyMoe

TheMightyMoe Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fairbanks, Alaska.
    In-directs are nice if you use A LOT of hot water, but they are pretty inefficient due to the transfer process (Better then your boilers coil though!)

If I ever have to do a boiler / hot water set-up again, I'm going to run a separate heat exchanger off a zoneso I can heat a electric water heater with boiler, or simply use the electric water heater during the spring-fall monthes. I'm currently running a super-stor indirect, it works great, but you still lose a lot of heat from the boiler when heating the superstor is satisfied.