Did any of you name your..............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
stove? I do not have a name for mine, but I am sure there are a lot of people that have a name for theirs. To each his own, I am not judging. So spill it.......did you name it????? Be honest now burners.............

I'm kind of embarrassed, but, yes...I call it "the stove".

Don't ever be embarrassed but I do too....

Old Brownie and New Brownie.

Both alternately referred to on occasion as the %#%^@! stove.

Attachments

• 30 first fire.jpg
    30 first fire.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 563
  • brownie.jpg
    brownie.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 580
Launch pad. Cat jumped up on it one day. IR had it at 480F. Didn't take him long before he had seen enough of the top of the stove. Then he launched.

I was scared to death, but after he calmed down, I looked at his feet. It seemed to singe some hair, but the pads were ok. I am not even sure the hair was singed.

Thinking later, it may have been the laser dot on the IR thermometer. We have a play laser for him that he likes to chase.

Big Black Heat Machine

pen

I don't -but my husband calls it "YOUR Stove"

Beulah. As in "Beulah Land" (Promised Land)... for the promise of warmth. Beulah also means "married", which at times I feel I am to her.

Last stove was nameless for 18 years. It was a particularly unimaginative time in my life.

Before that was a monster of a wood furnace named "Maurice" (after Howie Mandel's character "Maurice" in the kiddy flick, "Little Monsters"). We called him "Big Mo" as well.... and a lot of other appropriate epithets and expletives, depending on his mood.

Never thought of that. Although I've referred to the stove as female in the past, I think I'll continue with my BattleBots theme (for computer names) and call it ....

Dr. Inferno Jr!

Infernal Heat Producing Godess

"Ozzie" the Oslo, of course!

Mean Green Heating Machine

Attachments

• SDC10130.jpg
    SDC10130.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 467
"The King" of course! :coolsmirk:

Attachments

• IMG_5068_2.jpg
    IMG_5068_2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 474
The Hot Rock.. or when I have been out and about and she is left with it.. the warm stone.

I called it the f$&^n insert when the blower and thermostat were acting up and needed replacement. I was getting up 2-3 x's per night adjusting the blower manually, then it started screeching.
I Installed the new blower motor and thermostat, now its back to just "the insert".

No names here other than the Fireview.

The name in my sig!

Well, humph! I've been known to name my vehicles, but it never occurred to me to name my stove.

I do, however, use terms such as "chunky monkey," "punky monkey" and "hamburger helper." The first two are probably obvious*. "Hamburger helper" is what I call EcoBricks.

Nancy

*If not so obvious, I'm referring to the ugly splits and wanna-be splits in my woodpile...

They look more like Spam to me. Maybe call the stove Spammy :lol:

When it is running good and the AB is working properly.
It is called my Money Saver

If it is not running good and the AB fails
It call it, you lousy @#!@% !%!% % !@$ ^!!%!!% !%%!% &*&%#% %@^@% %! $ ^$!^^ !^&!%#%!%$##! ^$#!%^$#1#&*%&!^$#! !!!!!!!

Due to some current problems the !@#$%^&* have been flying allot at it lately. :bug:

"Burnadette"

Char-a-lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.