Did some stacking today..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
After a winter of not having enough wood behind me, I went a little crazy this year!

In the PAC nw, it's mostly doug fir and alder I have available..

Still more to do!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348622496.389354.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348622496.389354.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 191
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348622514.674769.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348622514.674769.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 226
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348622543.487731.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348622543.487731.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 219
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348622566.751607.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348622566.751607.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 192
Looking good! And it appears that the onsite inspector is keeping an eye on things, too. Lotsa work involved in that collection... Good job!

Great work Dustin! Won't be too long until we will be lighting up here in OR. May get down into the low 40s tonight.

Woops! Maybe I should have kept my work truck out of the shot...

Kinda wish I could use it to haul wood! 3/4 ton vs my Nissan half ton.. I think I could end up with more :)

That's the reason I'll likely never own a 1/2 ton. I seem to constantly overload my 1 ton truck even. Fill it up till wood is falling off the truck :eek: Fit 1.5 cords in the bed of my 3500 Ram a few times. It was sagging a bit.

Kinda wish I could use it to haul wood! 3/4 ton vs my Nissan half ton.. I think I could end up with more :)

Nice stacks. Been dipping into the 40's in the Boston area lately but with each cool night the brilliany sun during the day warms things right back up again.
What a beautiful time of year this is.

Reactions: ScotO

Four door Titan with the shorter bed?

my rule of thumb it aint full till the front tires are barely touching the ground.

Reactions: ScotO and basod
Great work..

Nice stacks.

Nice job Dustin. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A winter with not enough wood is like a bar without enough drinks. Good for you for getting more.

Pull over those guys with an overloaded truck full of fire wood.
Have to lighten the load before they can drive on, load it on yours, no ticket :)
All in concern of their safety, just doing your job ;)

Nice stacks
Looks like this winter will be warm in your house.

Looking good.....looks like the sheriff drives a nice vehicle up there, too!:p How much wood do you figure you're sitting on there?

Nice stacks. Love the pnw- spent a month in the Seattle burbs and almost stayed for good. Olympic np was unbelievable. I'm sure there are plenty of logs that need to be brought in for questioning. Gotta be thorough!

I love it up here!! Rough guess I'm thinking I have 6 cord, usually only fry about 3 to 4 a year.

I lived alone last winter so when I was a work I just let the fire go out and the house get cold. My house is old, with huge single pane wood frame windows, and, it sits in the shade the entire winter. So no fire = a cold cold house.

This year, with my other half living here I'm thinking I'll burn around the clock, and we'll see how much I use..

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.