Didn't have time to scrounge this year so....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
Had a grapple load delivered today. Looks to be about 8+ cords so should last me two years or so. Now I can peck away over the next couple of weekends and get a year ahead. Still a lot of work to do, but at least it is here in my yard.

Remkel said:
Had a grapple load delivered today. Looks to be about 8+ cords so should last me two years or so. Now I can peck away over the next couple of weekends and get a year ahead. Still a lot of work to do, but at least it is here in my yard.

Curious, what did you have to pay per cord? What type of wood was it AND were is the pictures? :)

Ten cords, 8' wide, 32' long by 5' high.

Actually, looking at it, I probably have more towards 9 cord, at which I will have paid 110/ cord. Mostly maple, with a little ash mixed in.

I have a photo, but cannot seem to figure out how to attach it using my iPad, so I will have to get on the laptop later to post pics.

Good price & you save allot of $$ on truck gas. Brings the price down even more. :)
Was going to mention; "picture" but we can wait :lol:

Yea.... We need a picture. I mean, I think here at hearth, anything over a half cord requires a picture, by law. :lol: Anyway, being years ahead is a good thing. Enjoy the css. Be well

I just finished my pile tonight. :)
Too dark to take pictures or measurements. :)
At least 6 cords, maybe 7.
Delivered by tri-axle on 1/13.

Here it is.....just sitting there waiting for the old Stihl to tear into it......now..... Did it happen??????

Attachments

• grapple load.jpg
    grapple load.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 471
Remkel said:
Here it is.....just sitting there waiting for the old Stihl to tear into it......now..... Did it happen??????

By cracky it looks like it did happen. Now we expect to see a picture of it all split and stacked by the second Tuesday of next week. ;-P

Yes it definitely did happen. Be careful dragging them out of there. Looks like a cascade just waiting to happen.

Very nice indeed! That looks like a lot of btu's and cardio workouts!

Awesome! Now yu can have some fun :)
You be careful getting those top ones!!
Looks good. Lots of long rows of splits there :)

Remkel said:
OOOOO. I like your wood!

WoodpileOCD said:
Yes it definitely did happen. Be careful dragging them out of there. Looks like a cascade just waiting to happen.

DEFINITELY a concern. The plan was for all ofthem to roll down the three logs on the ground and spread o ut more,but one log got kiltered out of the reach of the grapple. Plan is to work from the uphill side using a log roller to get them down. Definitely will be doing those myself befo I call in the troops with the log splitters!

Remkel said:

How long are those logs? Mine were eight feet, those look reallly long. Here is a picture of mine.

Attachments

• wood 2-17-12 web.jpg
    wood 2-17-12 web.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 302
brokenknee said:
Remkel said:

How long are those logs? Mine were eight feet, those look reallly long. Here is a picture of mine.

WOW, how many cords do you have there?

Most of the logs are 20' or so. I am guessing about 9 cord at this point.

weatherguy said:
brokenknee said:
Remkel said:

WOW, how many cords do you have there?

Ten cords of white and red oak mix. 70$ a cord.

Remkel said:
Most of the logs are 20' or so. I am guessing about 9 cord at this point.

Let the fun begin. Be careful moving the logs on the pile, I have the luxury of having a tractor with a loader to knock mine down. Is all grapple wood in your area cut that long? Around here they cut in the eight foot lengths and load them sideways on the trailer.

Remi - looks great! The offer still stands to come help you buck up some of the load - don't be shy! Looks like real easy cutting once you get the logs down. Definitely watch yourself! If you need a cant hook, I'm not using mine right now. Cheers, Jacques.

Remkel - that's a PRODIGOUS pile of sticks. Looks good - and you're gonna do that in two weekends?? Man, it would take me a year to process that much. Be safe and happy burning...

Two words---Wood Envy. :bug:

Awesome looking loads there Remkel and Brokenknee!

Some day I'd love to cut up a stack like that. It would be fun for sure.

Backwoods Savage said:
Some day I'd love to cut up a stack like that. It would be fun for sure.

Dennis- my door is open to you. I am planning on having quite a cutting/splitting party......I will be sure to post pics when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.