Differnetial temperature controller for 2 small air circulation fans

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dougstove

Feeling the Heat
Aug 7, 2009
New Brunswick, Canada
Hi;
I have an idea for 2 small ventilation fans, one to move warm air from the top of my stove room, one to pull cold air through a duct from a lower level of my house.
Any suggestions for a differential thermostat controller, to activate the fans when the stove room is perhaps 3C warmer than the lower level? Ideally, the bigger the difference, the faster the fans should run.

I used something called a "Duct-Stat" from Home Depot. I only use it to push colder air into the stove room when the room is 78F and then let hot air rise. It also will help the stove room from overheating. I never liked the idea of sucking air from the stove room due to ... draft,co2,radon ....etc.

Just a thought

I used this from Part # 1760k77 mcmaster-carr. They ship next day normally and I have three duct fans hooked up to it with the sensor mounted in from of the stove so when it reaches temp it turns the fans on then when it cools down turns them off.

I believe Lux makes a couple of thermostats which might be useful for ducts/fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.