Difficulty hooking t-connector to wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmat

Oct 1, 2015
Upper Falls,Maryland
I am trying to convert my QuadraFire ExplorerII from a top connection to a rear connection. The flexible liner connection is lower than the rear connection on the stove and even when pushing linner up as much as i can there is still a short distance between t and rear of stove as well as the stove connection being slightly higher and thereby creating an angle so the t cant connect straight on. Any suggestions of an off angle connectior or T?

Smoke does not like to go downhill. A downsloping connector will likely lead to smoke spillage when the door is opened. The liner should be raised by adjusting it at the top of the chimney.

are there lower legs available for your stove? If the only choice is to go way lower you could always shim the stove to correct height with various sized pavers or slate tiles cut as needed.

The problem with cutting off some liner is that it is ovalized to get through damper opening then an oval to round connector is attached. It may be difficult to actually reattach connector to liner since i would be trying to reconnect at or above the damper opening. Will have to study the whole project again.

Status
Not open for further replies.