Digital Thermometers/Hygrometers that Work

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Dana B, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dana B

Dana B
    Expand Collapse
    Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    So. New Hampshire
    I'd like to purchase several digital themrometer/hygromters to place in different rooms in my home. I've seen many small units for under $20 but the reviews all say that the hygrometer side of the unit is not accurate at all. I'm not looking for an expensive fancy weather station. I just want a small, simple thermometer/hygromter that is actually fairly accurate for both temp and humidity.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firebroad

firebroad
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    I have yet to find a reliable hygrometer, analog or digital. They all seem to fail after just a few short years. If you can find one that can be calibrated, they might be worth the $$.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/HygroSet-Digital-Hygrometer-Calibrating-Kit/dp/B002QXP0YU

3. Soundchasm

Soundchasm
    Expand Collapse
    Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Dayton, OH
    I've got two of these and I'm very happy with them. Bought them 01/11 and no problems. Every experience has lead me to believe they are highly accurate. I need to track humidity in the winter for the sake of the guitars. It's perfectly consistent. 50% and everybody's happy. 30%RH and they get fret sprout and truss rods need adjustment. 15%RH and the necks shrink enough that the frets will cut you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CZLO5W/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

firebroad likes this.