1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Digital Thermometers/Hygrometers that Work

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by Dana B, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Dana B

Dana B Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    So. New Hampshire
    I'd like to purchase several digital themrometer/hygromters to place in different rooms in my home. I've seen many small units for under $20 but the reviews all say that the hygrometer side of the unit is not accurate at all. I'm not looking for an expensive fancy weather station. I just want a small, simple thermometer/hygromter that is actually fairly accurate for both temp and humidity.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. firebroad

firebroad Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carroll County, MD
    I have yet to find a reliable hygrometer, analog or digital. They all seem to fail after just a few short years. If you can find one that can be calibrated, they might be worth the $$.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.amazon.com/HygroSet-Digital-Hygrometer-Calibrating-Kit/dp/B002QXP0YU
  3. Soundchasm

Soundchasm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Dayton, OH
    I've got two of these and I'm very happy with them. Bought them 01/11 and no problems. Every experience has lead me to believe they are highly accurate. I need to track humidity in the winter for the sake of the guitars. It's perfectly consistent. 50% and everybody's happy. 30%RH and they get fret sprout and truss rods need adjustment. 15%RH and the necks shrink enough that the frets will cut you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CZLO5W/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    firebroad likes this.