1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

direct link to members' photos on their profile page?

Post in 'New Forum Hints and your Questions & Suggestions!' started by ScotO, Sep 5, 2012.

1. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Not sure if it's been discussed before, but wouldn't it be cool to have a link on a members profile page that would take you to all the pictures they have uploaded? Backwoods Savage wanted to see a picture of my maple evaporator the other day and I had to really dig to find it buried in my computer.:rolleyes: Being I had already uploaded it months ago on here, it would be nice to be able to access just the pictures that we've uploaded. Just throwing a thought out there, not sure if it's feasible or not.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Ive thought about going back amd bookmarking (new feature) a lot of my old threads.

As I come across some of my old photos, I save them to my phone (click and hold on it/Droid/ then select Save image).

That or allow an album of sorts on your Profile page. Kinda like FB.
  3. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Was this the pic you were looking for?

[​IMG]

If so, I found it by going to the search at the top, typing in evaporator, then typing in your name in the box below. If it's something you posted on here, the new search function works great. Found that pic in less than 30 seconds.

But, I agree that a button on each person's profile like you mention taking you to a page showing all that member's uploaded pics would be slick.

pen
    ScotO likes this.
  4. ScotO

ScotO Guest

I never gave it a thought to search like that, Pen.......thanks! But the link on a personal profile that held all of that members shared pics WOULD BE REALLY SLICK. Say I wanted to go look at Sav's woodstack pics from several years ago, for instance. I could just go to his profile page and look in his shared pic folder. Just an idea. Not sure of Craig ever looked into doing that of not.
  5. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    There are a couple such galleries available and being developed. I have my eye on one which is being worked on as we speak......my guess is that someday, you will have a good part of your wish.
    ScotO, DexterDay and pen like this.
  6. ScotO

ScotO Guest

Cool! Thanks Webbie! I'm sure a lot of us will use it.
  7. Thistle

Thistle Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central IA
    Sounds like a great idea.Was looking for one of my pics the other day,actually took much less time finding it on here than on my Pictures folder on PC (Apparantly forgot the title & exactly where it was...:confused:)
    ScotO likes this.