Dirty glass on my Englander 25-PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjones139

Feeling the Heat
Dec 9, 2013
Orange County, NY
Is there a secret to keeping the glass clean on any pellet stove. After a cleaning it lasts about 6-8 hours then its hazed over not black, but whitish. You can still see thru the glass to the burn plate, but it's hazy. It comes completely clean when the stove is off and on occasion I do attempt to clean with a dry rag when in use. Thanks in advance :)

Is there a secret to keeping the glass clean on any pellet stove. After a cleaning it lasts about 6-8 hours then its hazed over not black, but whitish. You can still see thru the glass to the burn plate, but it's hazy. It comes completely clean when the stove is off and on occasion I do attempt to clean with a dry rag when in use. Thanks in advance :)

I think that is about the norm for these stoves,
I have one and by using wood stove glass cleaner and turning up the burn air from 5 to 6 and using good pellets I have achieved clean glass for about 12 to 14 hours .

Status
Not open for further replies.