Discount Stove and Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyShackleford

Minister of Fire
Jan 6, 2009
NC
I am thinking of replacing my crufty (cracked parts, leaky)
Dutchwest large catalytic stove with the equivalent current
new model, the 2461.

At www.discountstove.com they seem to have the best price
($1450), especailly taking into account the tax-free status
and free shipping (not to mention the 30% tax credit available
no matter where I purchase it).

I'm wondering if people generally report good experience with
this company. I called them, and was impressed with the
simple straightforward answers I was given.

Thanks !

I got a VC Madison from them delivered to MA in 2004.

My dad got a Napolean 1101P from them delivered to NJ in 2007.

In both cases they were significantly more knowledgeable AND less expensive than our local stores.

You can get it delivered to your curb. We drove our trailers to the truck depot and the trucking company (Conway for me, Roadway for him) put them on our trailers with their forklift. Its much easier to unload it off a 18" high trailer 4' from the front door than an 18 wheeler at the curb.

KarlP said:
In both cases they were significantly more knowledgeable AND less expensive than our local stores.

Sounds good, thanks !

You can get it delivered to your curb. We drove our trailers to the truck depot and the trucking company (Conway for me, Roadway for him) put them on our trailers with their forklift. Its much easier to unload it off a 18" high trailer 4' from the front door than an 18 wheeler at the curb.

I have access to my neighbor's John Deere tractor, with a front bucket that can handle
the stove's weight. So I'm thinking to slide it off the back of the truck into the tractor
bucket. Then bring it to my deck, cleverly designed :) for the railing to be removable.
Assemble it, then roll it inside on a platform jack. Sound reasonable ?

That does sound very reasonable. The only way you could make it easier would be to drive the tractor right inside. But your better half may not be too thrilled with that idea. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.