Discounted woodsplitters at Lowes . . . yet???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
I've been reading the posts about discounted woodstoves and pelletstoves at Lowes along with the various tools and toys . . . anyone seen or heard of them discounting the woodsplitters yet? I do believe this will be my next purchase, but I'm waiting for "a deal."

I wouldn't wait too long. When it happens they go quick. I do know you can go in and work a deal with them during this time of the year, even if the prices aren't marked down on the tag. It wouldn't surprise me if they would take an offer of up to 50% off the tagged price right now.

When I worked there, they never discounted the splitters. It was a seasonal item, but they seemed to display them in all seasons.
Check the clearance sales. Friday night they were putting stuff out, and they put it back sunday about 5 pm at my local store.
Your store may be different since each store manager is responsible for the procedures, or at least was when I worked there.

Right now HD has some deals, couldn't get them down on the one I want, 27 ton Cub Cadet, but some others were marked down. I would just go in and find the one you want and give them a price. Right off the bat they matched that 10% off moving offer. I just told them I was moving as we speak, the manager said OK we will match Lowes offer. I said I would be back and got the managers name. I am still trying to get a 27 ton Cub Cadet for 600 (8 years old) but this guy must be the laziest son of a groan ever, he won't even get it ready for me look at it...Come on bud, do you want my cash or what..... :)

Good Luck

I heard tractor supply has a big discount on thier splitters in March, The local Home Depot had thier fireplaces on sale but not the splitters.

Summertime said:
I heard tractor supply has a big discount on thier splitters in March, The local Home Depot had thier fireplaces on sale but not the splitters.

What is "big sale" 10%-20%? Ours up here seems to never have real sales and they look at you like you killed their grandmother when you ask for a lower price than marked. I still love the store, but they are not as willing to deal as the BB. But these guys tend to also know what they are talking about which is unlike the big boxes.

I am new to TSC and the manager told me that they discount the splitters in March to try and clear them out.

Summertime said:
I am new to TSC and the manager told me that they discount the splitters in March to try and clear them out.

I called TSC as well as HD and both said that they NEVER discount splitters.

I was at the New Milford Ct TSC back in Dec. where the manager told me about the discount, I will make a follow up call to see if he was a liarmouth or not!

So far the best I could do was 10% off a reconditioned splitter . . . which turned out to be about $140. Looks like Lowes just parks them out back and waits until late Summer/early Fall to bring them back out front.

Status
Not open for further replies.