Distribution blower not kicking in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Skelton

Dec 4, 2013
saskatchewan
  1. Hello to all , I am a new member so hope this question hasn't been addressed already! We have a Harmon PC 45 pellet stove and it has worked great for the last year! Today I did a cleaning and after could not get the distribution blower to kick in! The stove would shut off and a 6 status light would come on! I did shove a shop vac hose into the stove pipe too clean it ! I wonder if in doing so it did some damage to the sensor in there? I did notice in cleaning it , seemed to be a lot of build up on the walls and moisture ! Our temperatures have been cold and maybe condensation is getting in! We have an outside air vent as well! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Right from your manual.....

A 6 blink status may be caused by several things:
1. Blocked or partially blocked flue.
2. Blocked or partially blocked inlet air.

a. Backdraft damper on the inlet pipe may be stuck closed.

b. If outside air is installed, the inlet cover may be blocked.

3. The air chamber under the burnpot may be filled with fines and small bits of ash.
4. The holes in the burnpot may be getting filled with ash or carbon buildup.

5. Combustion blower fan blades may need cleaned.

Right from your manual.....

A 6 blink status may be caused by several things:
1. Blocked or partially blocked flue.
2. Blocked or partially blocked inlet air.

a. Backdraft damper on the inlet pipe may be stuck closed.

b. If outside air is installed, the inlet cover may be blocked.

3. The air chamber under the burnpot may be filled with fines and small bits of ash.
4. The holes in the burnpot may be getting filled with ash or carbon buildup.

5. Combustion blower fan blades may need cleaned.
Thanks i will take it apart tomorrow and check those points!
I noticed the outside air vent has settings from 1 to 6 on it! is this the size of opening it creates and if so what size or number should it be on?

That is not an air setting adjustment. The nipple is on a offset plate that you turn to a certain # and it will line up exactly w/ a particular harman stove. The air path is wide open no matter how the nipple is indexed

Status
Not open for further replies.