diy sifter(screener) for my long pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanhoe

Feeling the Heat
Dec 27, 2008
great white northern ontario
hi,
i've wrongly ordered 225 bags of pellets that are long. returning would have been the first choice but handling them by myself a second time was not in the cards! jamming the hopper is not a wanted situation during the required heating season so i made a diy sifter(screener) for my extra long pellet supply. here some pics of the set-up and the amount of long pellets removed from each bag from the manufacturing culprit. i hope the pics work.....

Attachments

• P1030173.jpg
    P1030173.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 661
  • P1030174.jpg
    P1030174.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 707
  • P1030175.jpg
    P1030175.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 565
  • P1030176.jpg
    P1030176.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 550
  • P1030178.jpg
    P1030178.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 544
Wow those are some long pellets for sure. Nice job on the sifter!

thx for the compliment! the size of the screen is 1/2". some long pellets do get through the screen so i double screen to remove the missed long pellets. i'm still tinkering on the design as i go.

Nice work on the sifter!

"Lacwood" (sounds like lack wood) seems like a funny name for a pellet that's supposed to be made from wood. :p

I just made a shop-vac sifter of my own, inspired by Dexter2Day and imacman. Never needed to bother sifting pellets with my old bottom feeder, but this newfangled Lennox Montage is a different animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.