Do all real Fisher stoves say Fisher on the Door/

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

olgreyhair

Feb 3, 2015
NE PA
Found this on Craigslist but the doors only have a sunburst pattern. Seller claims it's a Fisher but was wondering if it was a knock off.
Thanks, George

https://poconos.craigslist.org/for/d/fisher-wood-burning-stove/6711950702.html

CL Greentown.jpg CL Greentown 2.jpg

Thanks for your reply. Not to go off into the weeds but how does one determine a decent price for a stove such as this?
Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Not to go off into the weeds but how does one determine a decent price for a stove such as this?
Thanks
You have to look at your local market. You are only a little north of me so prices should be similar. That stove fisher or not should be $400 max. But 300 would be the right price.

Reactions: rowerwet
Thanks. So all Fisher stove do say Fisher on them?
As for prices, the Fishers, Kodiaks,and Timberlines all seem similar in price.As in High

Thanks. So all Fisher stove do say Fisher on them?
As for prices, the Fishers, Kodiaks,and Timberlines all seem similar in price.As in High
Yeah people ask allot especially this time of year. But most wont sell at the asking prices. The fishers might just because of the name. They are no better than the others you mentioned.

All Fisher products have Fisher on the door. The only exception would be "The Flame" or model TF-88 which has Fisher engraved in the glass.

The stove pictured is also a pedestal stove. Fisher made a Teddy, Goldilocks and smaller Honey Bear with pedestal, but all had a square floor plate.

Full size double door Fishers were called "Fireplace Series" and were made with 8 inch outlet. One exception is the XL with 10 inch. There were custom made Fishers made for specific installations which can have different size outlets, but not normally smaller than the normal size.

What size stove are you looking for and what diameter chimney do you have? That is the criteria to start with.

I'm fairly certain that is a Alaska Company Stove (made in PA, not the state)

I saw that stove too. I knew it was a Fisher clone, but I had no idea what brand it really is. I've never seen another one with those doors.

By the way, not ALL stoves with Fisher doors are Fisher stoves. Here's an example of a clone Fisher stove with Fisher doors.

00b0b_juVr1wbADNK_600x450.jpg

I saw that stove too. I knew it was a Fisher clone, but I had no idea what brand it really is. I've never seen another one with those doors.

Kodiak 6.jpg Alaska Stove Co.

Reactions: Todd67
Thanks Coaly, if anyone on this forum knew what brand it was, it would be you. I didn't know they were made in PA.

Started in '77 when Fisher couldn't keep up with demand and everyone jumped into the stove business. Still making coal stoves in Bloomsburg, PA.
I have pictures of an old Insert without the Kodiak name on top, I'll have to search for them. Same sun burst on the bottom only. Not sure if they were before they patented Kodiak as their name brand or if they were made before the company grew.
https://alaskacompanyinc.com/fireplaces/coal-stoves/

Alaska Epic if I'm not mistaken with a round pedestal base.

Alaska Epic.jpg The 6 inch outlet and huge pedestal gives it away.

Thanks for the info Coaly! I never knew they existed until you mentioned their name. I thought Kodiak was their brand name, not a model of theirs. That huge pedestal really does stand out compared to other stoves.