Do any of you have an unneeded Harman DDM you'd part with?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SciGuy

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2007
Constableville, NY
I'd dearly love to come into possession of a Harman DDM to help me with my Harman restoration addiction/hobby. That said, a new one is just way to spendy for my budget. If you've got one and won't be using it or know of one I'd love to get my hands on it.

Thanks for any informed replies.

Hugh

For what little id does, it is a huge ripoff. I remember when they went over $300, and almost croaked, but now they are over $800, and soon the analog boards will be obsolete! My understanding is it is only basic PC communication, as that is all a Harman board can handle, and I have said I never understood why, with all the geeks(not derogatory!) that own pellet stoves, have not bought a cable, figured out the data lines, plugged it into, say, a laptop, and figured out the code. Of course you would be libel if info is passed on. In reality, it is probably worth the price of a cable and $150 to Harman, for "proprietary information", to be used on a lap top. Also makes me wonder if the newer touch control stoves use a lap top for diagnostics. One day I may drill out the rivets on mine, just to look inside, but I am no programmer or hardware "geek", and would not know where to go from there.
You may want to consider searching the net, for stove shops that used to sell and service Harman's, but no longer do, and see if they have one laying around.

Reactions: SciGuy
Thanks for the idea regarding checking on shops that have recently stopped selling Harmans and really would love it if a stove geek would create a laptop interface to read the dim outputs.

Reactions: Mt Bob