1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Do I need draft induced kit?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by 08brute, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 08brute

08brute Member

Loc:
    South Dakota
    I have the US Stove Company 1600 model and I currently run with a manual draft damper. My draft is pretty good and I do not have many problems keeping a fire lit or smoke coming back at me. My questions is would a auto draft induced fan benefit me? Would it help my fires burn more efficiently and for longer? Is this a must have?

Thanks in advance!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Probably not... An inducer is mostly needed for those folks that have problems with chimneys that don't want to draft well (especially when cold) or that puff back when loading or getting a fire going. If you aren't having a problem, I would not expect you to get much benefit from an inducer. If anything some folks even go the other way and add a barometric damper to REDUCE the draft going through the stove by supplying an alternate air source.

Gooserider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.