Do you tweek an EKO differently that dosen't have storage vs one that does

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugar

Oct 12, 2008
East central KS
I have no storage yet and figure surely it must be tweeked differently than one with storage. Idle time has to affect how it's tweeked.

The principal of the best and hottest flame remains the same. The settings on my EKO40 would work to heat storage as well as it does my water/air heat exchanger. Boosting volume via pressure via higher fan output does not change percentages of gas mixes if primary and secondary settings are not adjusted. If I need more heat for my unit (which is conceivable for storage but would take the test of time) it comes by way of increasing the blower setting. The greatest obstacle I have experienced to consistent settings is various woods and wood moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.