does anyone here own a Lopi republic 1250?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozarkjeep

Hearth Supporter
Nov 6, 2006
a good friend of mine is looking at this stove, as a a backup, supplemental heat in the much used 'den' area of his home.

I have never heard anything bad about Lopi products, and 1 am sure its a good stove, I am concerned wth the small firebox though, the brochure shows 66,800 BTU, 8 hour burn times, all from a 1.6 Cu foot box?

are these stoves capable? are these specifications realistic? is there some lopi magic involved?

thanks in advance!

I use to own a Lopi Answer which has the same size firebox. It was a descent stove, but it was hard to get an 8hr burn. More like a 4-6 hr burn. Most manufactures numbers are a little unrealistic.

No magic other than marketing spin. It's a capable little stove, but a 4 hr. burn is much more likely than an 8 hr. burn. Ignore the btu rating or at least halve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.