Does anyone know if this is a good wood stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent stove - but with 26 bids on it, it seems like the price will end up higher than I would want to pay.

Craigslist can be better sometimes for stove deals....because you know the deal with auctions when folks get too excited!

Also, they don't have pics of the inside, and without those....well, you have no idea how hard it has been used. It may be a diamond in the rough, but who knows?

What is the price of a new Lopi fredom? and are these decent stoves

This will be going into a friends home to remove an old smoke dragon Not a donor setup but perhaps money charged would finance a future donor stove

looks like you bought it?

kwburn said:
looks like you bought it?

than I did IT going to be installed in a friend's home removing an smoke dragon. I figured the 2.8 size fire box was about the target zone he needed
if I need some bricks or parts the price was right But I don't follow these used stoves possibly I paid too much ? Really I do not know IT is about an hour south of here,
not too bad to go get it, and the seller has a folk lift to load it into my truck. I also liked the idea it can extend out and use a steamer or even use as a cooking warmer.

Sometime this week I will have it and really go threw it to see what I have

That's an awesome stove. Easy to operate and it puts out the heat. My old boss had one in his home for years. I sold probably 20 of them and never had a complaint.

Web before that stove is installed It will be wire wheeled and painted to look new . What ever I can remove will also be wire wheeled to look as good as possible.

I know you spoke highly of Travis industries products . Most of the time I only look at them for code compliance and not really examine them.

I'm not concerned about surface rust. Place any steel object in a garage or cellar a length of time and surface rust occurs.

I figured it is differcult to get a decent cost wise insert. I know Englander makes one, But I have never seen them around here or at the Box stores.

Well I picked up the stove last night All refractory bricks are in good condition ,the burn tubes fine, in general not bad

I's all cleaned up totally wire wheeled and painted. I know I could double my money if I were to sell it.

I did replace the door gasket but ,really its just a solid plate steel stove. Really nothing warped

What surprised me is they included the surround kit boxed and never used, oversized just what I needed ,with gold trim accents

I'll try to post some pictures later. It is an EPA II approved 1998 stove, with plenty of mileage ahead of it.

One more old smoke dragon will make the final trip to the scrap yard

Status
Not open for further replies.