Does anyone own an Elm woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PA. Woodsman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2007
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
I saw this on Youtube awhile back and thought they were pretty interesting, does anyone here have an Elm woodstove and if so how do you like it?

There have been a couple of threads on Hearth over the years. The big thing to realize is the owner of the ELM website can only sell refurbished older stoves. His rebuilds are reportedly very high quality and I expect some folks are grateful that he had gone to the trouble to make higher quality castings and replacement parts. He has made some very revolutionary improvements to combustion and air quality but he has not had the stoves certified to current EPA standards. Thus in some areas an ELM could not be installed if current EPA certification is required. I have talked to a couple of Elm owners casually at a few parties in VT a decade ago and they liked them, the standard observation is they are a barrel stove on steroids, great for large drafty barn type houses where a lot of heat is needed.

Reactions: PA. Woodsman