Does anyone play 33 records ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

English BoB

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2014
Brunswick NY
Have a pile of LPs from 30 - 40 years ago, just found a record player and boy do they sound great scratches and all. Stereo of course talk about a flashback....Cream playing right know.........love it.

bob:):):):):):)

I need to go down to the basement and drag out Cheap Thrills, Three Dog Night and the Rusty Warren albums and go on a nostalgia run myself.

Vinyl is hot now. Lots of indie groups offer vinyl and download, no CD.

I use my circa '63 Thorens turn table regularly. Here's my living room setup:

Pioneer SX-1250, c.1976
Thorens TD 160
Acoustical Research AR3 speakers, c.1962

Found a flaw in the system....................having to get up every 20 - 30 mins to flip..........lol;);););)

Found a flaw in the system....................having to get up every 20 - 30 mins to flip..........lol;);););)
True. I also have a PC box on my AV rack that runs iTunes with a 32k song library.

True. I also have a PC box on my AV rack that runs iTunes with a 32k song library.

Undone flaw in the system............go to the fridge when flipping record.........burp ;lol

Reactions: Shari
Undone flaw in the system............go to the fridge when flipping record.........burp ;lol
The main flaw for me is the small amount of LPs that are good all the way through.

Yes. Music Hall 5 turntable, Conrad Johnson PV7 tube preamp (80s), McIntosh MC240 tube power amp (1962) .

Used to be playing though a set of DIY 3 ways with 10inch woofers but those have been banished for a while by the Mrs. for a home decor violation. Appeals court denied the case. Have to settle for little bookshelf's for now.

Find a cheap record washer, get a carbon bristle static brush and some stylus cleaning fluid and a lot of the snap crackle pop's will clean up.

2014-04-02-20-00-01-jpg.131063.jpg

Yes. Music Hall 5 turntable, Conrad Johnson PV7 tube preamp (80s), McIntosh MC240 tube power amp (1962) .

Used to be playing though a set of DIY 3 ways with 10inch woofers but those have been banished for a while by the Mrs. for a home decor violation. Appeals court denied the case. Have to settle for little bookshelf's for now.

Find a cheap record washer, get a carbon bristle static brush and some stylus cleaning fluid and a lot of the snap crackle pop's will clean up.

View attachment 169044
Sweet McIntosh. My wife doesn't like my large AR3's either, 12" woofer. I have one on each opposite end of our open concept living area, love to crank them when nobody's home.

I've been gradually digitizing our 33 collection. We have a glass platter Rega turntable in the basement that I need to see sometime soon.

I've been gradually digitizing our 33 collection. We have a glass platter Rega turntable in the basement that I need to see sometime soon.
What format are you ripping them to? How are they comparing on playback?

Status
Not open for further replies.