Does anything smell worse than rotten old pine smokin'

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Well, I mean, obviously Kristen's money maker smells worse, but . . . it keeps going from 17 overnight to nearly 50 during the day . . . the rotten pine chunks (one at a time, north/south due to non-functional Stihl at the mo) have to be moved around every few hours to keep burning and provide just enough heat. Crawling around inside the GW with all that smoke is going to have me sleeping in the dog house.

Hey! wait!! Anyone got Kristen's number? Lol, I figure after Eliot Who, she'll think I'm a studmuffin . . .till my check bounces :lol:

I think heaterman mentioned that he knows a guy who collects and burns roadkill deer in his OWB. I bet that's pretty rank.

Eric Johnson said:
I think heaterman mentioned that he knows a guy who collects and burns roadkill deer in his OWB. I bet that's pretty rank.

It's true..........hard to believe but true.

Well, there is the guy down the road with his Hardy OWB who likes to chainsaw tires in half and burn those - pretty stinky. And then there is my relative (through marriage) who burns his dead sled dogs in his CB.

Yuck.

Pete

Exciting new product category: OWBmatorium.

When I was in the military I was stationed at a certain military post that was mostly doing "cancer" research (cancer that could be delivered unto the enemy, that is), and would burn their test critters and other supplies in the wee hours of the morning. Our company commander would run us by the furnace building for morning PT when the smoke was still thick and heavy. I learned that I could run for a good 5 minutes without taking a single breath. You'd think I'd be a long distance runner after 2 years of that kind of training. I've driven by the paper mill a few miles outside of Augusta GA on a hot summer day, worked in an ice plant that shared trash with a chicken processing company, been by sewage processing plants with mechanical difficulties, but never have I come across anything nearly as bad as burning experimental monkeys. Try a few of those in your OWB, and you'll come to enjoy the sweet, sweet fragrance of your aromatic smokey pine.

That was a disturbing post Telco.

Heh heh, at least you just had to read a short blurb about it, and not double-time through it several times a week for 2 years :sick:.

American Elm smoke smells like cat piss. It's know as piss elm around here. Yes, it grows for 20 years or so, then dies of Dutch Elm Disease, so we chop and burn it to clean up the mess, often a full cord per tree. Being very dry helps a bit. And don't even think of splitting it without a serious wood splitter.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.