does physical size equal btu/sq ft heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

windowmaker2

Sep 6, 2014
ohio
Got my first stove off Craigslist and have two questions. 1- Is there a max height of black single wall you can use? 2- It is a Lakewood and was told no info on Lakewood long gone. Does the fire box size equal btu's or the # of square feet the stove will heat. It is @ 2 sqft in size but one pic I saw it was called the Cottager. I am putting this in my 22'x24' two story barn / woodshop.

1. You can use black stove pipe up to the ceiling or wall penetration leaving the area with the stove. (Most people will tell you to use double wall not single tho.)

2. Not sure what your asking here..... On any stove the bigger the box the more BTU's it holds.

But not all stoves are equal. A good stove will keep max BTU's inside your home. A crappy one will send most the BTU's up the chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.