Does the Selkirk Metalbest Universal Class A Roof Support Kit Model: 2004420 also come in stainless steel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

iamfran

Jan 27, 2023
Massachusetts
Does the Selkirk Metalbest Universal Class A Roof Support Kit Model: 2004420 also come in stainless steel? I purchased one kit from "build with Ferguson" for $119.63. Their site said it was stainless steel. I received the Model 2004420 which is galvanized steel. I can purchase 2004420 for 65 bucks on Amazon. I contacted "build with Ferguson" and they said, "they'd get back to me." I also contacted Selkirk tech support (voicemail) and of course, they haven't returned my call. I don't know how companies stay in business with possible deceptive advertising and lackluster service? In any case. if someone knows, I'd appreciate it, because I'll return the kit back to "build with Ferguson" and buy it from Amazon. My chimney project is complete! Except for the roof support kit.

Installed chimney .jpg

I'm unable to find that part number. I found a bracket with a close part number that looked like it had stainless visible parts and galvanized flashing that would be covered up. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking at though.

I'm confused. The picture is showing an already installed exterior chimney system. Is this for a different chimney that goes up through the roof? Part number 200420 (not 2004420) is for supports that bolt to the chimney pipe for an interior chimney install.
Thank you for replying. I guarantee that the part that is shown in the link that you included in your comment is NOT made of stainless steel. Selkirk part # 200420 (I miss-typed it in my first comment) is made of galvanized steel. I have a workaround though. I purchased a Duraplus stainless steel wall bracket and await its delivery. I am going to grind out the back rivet, cut the back strap in half. I will bend the back straps to but up against the side straps. The side straps will pivot on their rivets to match my roof pitch. I've purchased stainless steel angle iron that I will bolt the side straps too then fasten the other end of the stainless steel angle through the roof shingles and into my roof deck. That bracket band will wrap around my pipe just above the roof gutter. I know it's a lot of odd work as the Selkirk brackets are very sturdy but even with painting them, they will begin to rust relatively quickly as we are about 3 miles from the sea.

Duraplus stainless steel wall strap.jpg