Does this look stupid??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanborn281

Feb 27, 2015
King george va
Put my stove in and it's sticking off wall so far because it's up against my interior wall and the 4 inch pipe and all it just looks meh I think 6157b72e4f557f7eb443a34a6d45a716.jpg038dc7653f1a088814318966fa80692d.jpg8c4a900b739c717aac84807b73bddead.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that an outside wall? Are you going through the wall or up through the ceiling? If nothing else I would pull the pad forward so the ashes don't fall on the carpet. More info needed.

Is that an outside wall? Are you going through the wall or up through the ceiling? If nothing else I would pull the pad forward so the ashes don't fall on the carpet. More info needed.

That is a hallway behind the stove. And I could get a bigger one that's a 40x40 .

Going straight up thru ceiling...

And lost if I should run a hole thru floor for oak

It appears as if you have a short piece then a clean out. Will the clean out go directly on the stove? I'm no pro but the purpose of the hearth pad is for the heat from the stove and hot or burning ash from falling out of the door on wood or carpet floor and starting a fire. So either move it out or get a bigger one your choice. I don't think it looks stupid but I'm pretty easy to please as long as I'm warm. LOL I see what your saying though, it probably would look a little nicer hugging the wall a little closer.

It appears as if you have a short piece then a clean out. Will the clean out go directly on the stove? I'm no pro but the purpose of the hearth pad is for the heat from the stove and hot or burning ash from falling out of the door on wood or carpet floor and starting a fire. So either move it out or get a bigger one your choice. I don't think it looks stupid but I'm pretty easy to please as long as I'm warm. LOL I see what your saying though, it probably would look a little nicer hugging the wall a little closer.

It needs a adapter for clean out and the t pipe.

But yea I do need a bigger hearth. The 48x48

Put my stove in and it's sticking off wall so far because it's up against my interior wall and the 4 inch pipe and all it just looks meh I thinkView attachment 187908View attachment 187909View attachment 187910

Ya, either pull that pad out a bit or buy a larger one. But otherwise I like it. I can sort of see what you are not liking, but I bet if you were to also put a back surround of some sort behind the stove of darker color, it would help reduce the contrast, and reduce the mechanical definition.

Check your clearances, I would bet money that the way you have it is not legal. Don't forget a surge suppressor.

Looks fine to me....since you don't have it with anything on the wall behind like some people do (put brick on the wall etc.) it looks kind of bare, you can solve that buy just putting some nice relevant artwork or something on the wall behind it.

Reactions: Sanborn281
Would it fit to the left of the TV sitting at a 45 degree angle in the corner? Looks like an exterior wall. Pipes could go right out instead of all the way up the vaulted ceiling. Could you move the TV to the right a few feet? Looks like you have the space.

Your stove has a big butt. No way to hide that unless you stick it into an old fireplace hole.

Reactions: Mt Bob
What is the clearance on your pipe? Looks really close to wall in the pic. Larger pad is likely a good idea and I would go with a starter tee.

Nice stove- (Enviro M55C). Is that a stove starter tee?? Doesn't look like it. That might save a bit of depth for you. Looks wrong symmetrically too, the hearth pad needs to be increased in size if you want it to go back to the wall, or can be lived with if the hearthpad is brought a bit forward off the wall.

If it were me. I would stick it in the corner of the room.
Also you will hate life having that light colored carpet with little to no pad in the front of the stove. Every time you open the door it will drop ash on the floor. Spend the money on a nice large hearth pad.

All good points. I do think that is 4 in pipe right?? I'd pull the pad forward to have the required 6 inch clearance in front of the door and the pad would look better too. Somebody would have to live with the pad being pulled away from the wall though. From what I can tell, the stove position looks pretty ideal heating-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.