Does this sound like a good deal on firewood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
raybonz said:
http://southcoast.craigslist.org/grd/1564364400.html

How much wood do you get on a tri-axle load?

Ray

tri axe is big... dont usually see them around mass... ( at least i havent) but it should be at LEAST 6-8 i think tri axes some people see the 10-12 range but ask and also what size the wood will be

Ja, well that set me back $1200 and might only last me two years.

raybonz said:
http://southcoast.craigslist.org/grd/1564364400.html

How much wood do you get on a tri-axle load?

Ray

thats a good deal

Ray, one cannot say if it is a deal or not without knowing what kind of wood it is. What if it were all popple? Or maybe bass or cottonwood. Those normally are called softwoods rather than hardwoods but they technically are a hardwood. But if it is good wood, that probably is a good deal. Best to talk to the man and even go see what a load looks like. I once saw someone buy a truck load of wood and....it was a load alright, but the logs were so crooked that he bought a whole lot of air with that load.

Good luck.

Backwoods Savage said:
I once saw someone buy a truck load of wood and....it was a load alright, but the logs were so crooked that he bought a whole lot of air with that load.
Same here but in my case that "someone" was me. :red:

It's hard to say Ray. Around here firewood is imo cheap at 180 a full cord. So in my way of thinking log loads that work out to 100 a full cord then it's a good deal. And processing log loads is a real easy take compared to going in the woods. If that's what the guy does all day he must have a rough ideal about how many likely cords the tri-axle carries.

savageactor7 said:
...processing log loads is a real easy take compared to going in the woods.
Ja, and since I don't have either a FEL or a quad, lugging Poplar logs out of the bush on my shoulder makes $100 for a cord of Ash dropped in my yard seem almost reasonable. Still wouldn't mind paying $75 for a cord like I was 10 years ago but that's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.