Dolmar 7900 air filter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shipper50

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2007
Indiana
Do any of the 7900 owners have the new air filter ad on that is avilable? I see Baileys has them and wondered if it was something worth the money? The kit comes with a bigger air filter and housing among other things from what I saw in the ad.

I would think the extra air to the carb would help power wise?

Shipper

I have not bought it yet but have heard great things about it. Will be buying it soon.

Just got one but have not installed it yet...

I have a friend that has one on his 7900, and I think that it has increased power compared to my 7900 without the HD air filter. I ordered two a month ago (one for the 7900 and one for my Makita DCS 6401) from Baileys and they said that there is a backorder because Dolmar is not producing anymore until January 2010.

Baileys was out of stock when I got mine. I ordered it from cassadaga edge and engine. I'm not sure if it will increase power, but the stock filter is kinda small and easy to clog.

I will report back as soon as I do a few test cuts...

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.