Dolmar = Makita = Solo ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendell

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2008
NE Iowa
I had a Dolmar dealer admit that Makita is the same saw and now looking at Solo, they also appear identical.

Are all 3 saws the same? i.e, 6400=6401=665?

Yes, they are all the same.

6400=6401=665
7300=7301=675
7900=7901=681

If you are willing to get used, it is tough to beat a retired Home Depot rental DCS6401 for around $225. They are usually low hour saws with detialed records and are always rented with a fresh gallon of fuel. You can also get refurbs on Ebay for under $400 I think.

wendell said:
I had a Dolmar dealer admit that Makita is the same saw and now looking at Solo, they also appear identical.

Are all 3 saws the same? i.e, 6400=6401=665?

Don't know about the Solo.. but the 6401 & 6400 are the same other than color.

Makita bought out Dolmar back in 91. It's no secret.. here's there web sight. http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/company/history/

From what I've read, the solo is a bit different. Read my sig, I have the Solo and it runs great. Side is that it has a 2 year warrauntee (sp). Good for me.
Chad

chad3 said:
From what I've read, the solo is a bit different.

Although the saws look identical, looking a little closer at the specs, the Solo is a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.