done with jotul break in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanko

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2008
livingstion co, Michigan
Ok so I can let her go right now. anyone know what stove top temp maintain? I need some tip on operating this thing.

Congrats on your new stove. Jotul suggests a stove top temp of 400-600 degrees. I have the 600 and 400 and the bigger stove likes to run up to 600 whereas my 400 likes to run hotter, around 700. The 500 is more like the 600 and I would think stove top temps around 600 would give it the best performance. There are lots of Oslo uses who visit this site and I am sure you will get plenty of feedback. Have fun with it.

Mine always seems to settle in the 500-550 range. Even if the top gets to 600 or 700, the stove seems to run around the 500 range then start to tail off.

Running at or above 600 really seems to burn through a load fast.

Just play around with it, you'll figure it out. I would assume everyone will be a little different depending on their set up and fuel type.

J.P.

I run my oslo up to 600 or 650 then throttle back to near closed on the draft control.....works fine for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.