Double wall Masonry Adapter?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NVHunter

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2013
Reno, NV
image.jpg I'm going to install a ss liner in a clay flue and the thimble where the tee snout will enter the house is just a 8" hole currently in the cinder block wall.

I located a "double wall masonry adapter" which looks like what I need. It looks like it slips over the snout and then is mortared in place in the wall.

Is this correct?

The top of the thimble hole is 12" of cinder block to the ceiling. Is there a need for insulation around the snout or the adapter?

I can't find directions for the install of the adapter which clearly state what I need to do or how to properly install it.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike

Last edited:
If that snout fits in the 8 inch hole and you have double wall coming off the stove then. I think it might work. Are you using the same brand liner? Just give the company a call they might have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.