DR 5 Ton Electric/Hydraulic 120v Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RWA6541

Jan 13, 2010
BRONX, NY
Folks I own a TW-2 HD but I bought this for my Father, he wanted it to use when he doesn't like the looks of a split and for kinlin. Boy, are we disappointed with the operation!!!!!!!!!! This machine for liability reasons i'm guessing requires 2 handed operation (stupid). See what happens when you let a liability attorney in the wood shed. So off I go to modify another brand new piece of machinery (prob. gonna void all warranties) i'm gonna make a combo switch/valve for 1 handed operation so your other hand can be free to hold and manipulate the wood. Called DR they're in VT they had no answers for my complaints, anyone out there modded one of these things??

I have seen several posts about changing electric splitters to work with one switch.. even a foot switch so that both hands are free.

I don't have much trouble with the two switch operation, but I am using to split rounds, suppose splitting small splits requires more placement control.

Status
Not open for further replies.