Draft control knob

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bomastr

Nov 12, 2009
North AL
Any ideas where to find an original draft knob for "Birmingham Stove & Range" Ponderosa? I have recently acquired a two door model and it is the only thing I need for it. Many searches online draw blanks.

I think you will only find one from a used stove like the one you've acquired, or possibly a stove made by the Atlanta Stove Works. ASW was a sister company to Birmingham Stove Works and both companies MAY have utilized the same draft knobs for their stoves. The other option would be to find some draft knobs from a different stove and adapt them to your Ponderosa. The knobs are basically threaded bolts that the draft regulators screw onto.
Good luck...and how bout some pics of that bad boy!!

bomastr said:
Any ideas where to find an original draft knob for "Birmingham Stove & Range" Ponderosa? I have recently acquired a two door model and it is the only thing I need for it. Many searches online draw blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.