Draft Measurement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Singed Eyebrows

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2009
Midwest
I would like to check draft on my Atmos boiler. Can I just tap into the flue pipe? My induced draft fan is pushing at this point & not sure if this will affect readings. Do I need to measure overfire draft? The spec is .1 WC & I'm sure I exceed this even though this is a strong draft. There is no info on where to check this in the manual. I have a Magnehelic .250 WC gauge so I'll get an accurate reading, just not sure where to check. Any help is appreciated, Randy

Randy,

I check mine right a the boiler where my boiler hooks to my black chminey pipe. I do this while my boiler is running full tilt. I think you can see it in my youtube video.

Rob

Thanks much Rob I was hoping this was how it was checked. Atmos doesn't give much info, they do instruct the owner to "lay under the rear of the boiler to 10mm" though, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.