Draft position sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

realstihl

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2007
eastern kansas
My son says I have too much time. Anyway I wanted a way to tell what position my draft control in. The sensor has 10 leds. It's nonlinear which means there is 3.5 inches of travel on the slide vs around 7 inches between first and last led. It's dark in the basement so this should work well.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more pics. I think

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very cool and quite handy for remote monitoring.

Cool. Seems to me you have just the right amount of time.