draft quality

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sailor61

Burning Hunk
Nov 28, 2006
Warwick, RI
Neighbor stopped by to see the newly installed stove. He has some sort of an insert..not sure what or the vintage. He came in and said "a day like this, I was positive you would have it burning" I replied "it's been burning for a week" "Oh, I couldn't smell it when I cam in the house..." And I had just fed it for the late afternoon/evening.... so if someone comes in and doesn't smell when I've just had the door open for several minutes it must be drawing pretty well.

I will find fault with one design point on the FV..the door is pretty with its pointed sort of gothic arch but I would prefer having the door opening the entire height that would be possible with a squared door.

I'm thinking 6 inches higher, so raised off the floor would be great. Come summer I might think about building a cement block base and covering it in the same slate I used on the hearth. Have plenty of room with the flue liner since the stove is in front of a raised fireplace. The door being on the small side would be less of an issue if it was up higher.

"Oh, I couldn't smell it when I cam in the house..."

One of the nicest compliments you can receive IMO! Well done!

When switching from the fisher to the 30, the only concern that my wife had was that it would stink the house up. She grew up in a home where wood burning happened, but not as it should be done, and never wanted to smell like smoke again.

Soooo, pics ??? :p

pen

My wife did not want to change from our pellet stove to a wood burner for the exact reason of the supposed smell. Well, now she is happy we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.