Drawing software

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
huffdawg said:
Does anyone know of any free drawing software for hydronic heating schematics.
user friendly for the computer impaired.

Cheers Huff.
Huff,
You can download taco's HSS which is a design and simulation package for free, and it can double as your schematic capture tool. The neat aspect is you can also simulate and select your system components with this tool. Very similar to the software tools included in John Sieginthaler's(sp?) book.

Here is a lin to tacos's tools, Taco HSS
Good luck, and Happy New Year

Not Hydronics specific, but I use QCAD for my drawing - it is a nice general purpose 2-CAD program... They have an official "Community Edition" that is published under the GPL for Linux, and which I understand has been ported to other O/S's

I started with that edition, and then stepped up to the "Professional Edition" which has a couple more convenience features, and is still quite inexpensive - well under $100 for some of the packages with a very nice "How to do CAD" book

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.