Dreams About Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

martel

Feb 9, 2006
Last night I had a dream that our babysitter broke a brick in our insert. I woke up pissed! Anybody else have memorable woodstove dreams? (you can keep non-related dreams about babysitters to yourselves-sickos)

Dylan said:
DREAM???? That sounds like a NIGHTMARE!!!!

LOL- yes, you are quite right. She had tried to epoxy the brick back together so that I would not notice.
(I guess I have been epoxying everything that is broken around our house lately).

Our babysitters are told not to mess with the stove. I load the stove prior to a babysitter getting there, and given that they're generally there for a couple hours, the stove usually doesn't need any attention. Also, given that none of the babysitters are worthy of other thoughts (Good grief man, they're only 16!!!) I'll stick to worrying about the hot stove.

Slickheadhunter said:
My Wife told me to wake up one morning just a few weeks ago and I said "WOOD" and she said what and I said "WOOD" she laughed and said what about the wood,and I said I have to dry my wood!

I dont remember any of that and said it in my sleep,she got a huge kick out of that! With all that said I finished felling,splitting and stacking today.I have 7rows in my open sided wood shed that I just built this spring.The rows are 10ft long 5ft high and my splits are between 16 and 18in long.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6da29b3127cce886f47406c7400000016108QaOWjZu2ac

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6da29b3127cce886f4749ed4d00000016108QaOWjZu2ac

Hmmmm... Never heard it called drying your wood before.

Shed and stacks look great!

One night years ago I was sleepwalking and loaded up the stove, and proceeded to shovel the snow out of my hallway with my pillow! My wife asked me what the heck I was doing and put me back to bed. That was the winter we had over 300 inches of snow in Hancock, MI. Good thing I didn't stuff my pillow in the stove. The next day I bought a snow blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.