drolet 45 code h1

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the cug

Dec 22, 2014
sudbury, on
hello im new here and this is my problem. I bought a used pellet stove for my camp. installed it and worked great for 3 days. I had it pretty hot when the stove shut down and the h1 code came up. I did what the manual said to do. still the same. went back up to camp this weekend to punch in different codes that were mention in this site. still nothing. I took out the 2 250 sensors the 2 160 sensors and the 1 sensor that is in the exahaust. it has a gasket that wasn't any good. I tested them and they seem to work. (note) when I take a lead off of thhe 250, either the exhaust goes on or the auger. I hope its not the board. any suggestions?

also I have my stove disconnected from the exhaust chiney to make it easier to work on. will this affect anything like the code not going away.

Well checking those switches isn't going to do a thing except if the limit switch is of the manual reset type which requires you to reset it.

The stove is having trouble getting rid of the heat it is producing.

It has two ways to get rid of that heat and uses both, one is up the flue, if the combustion blower is plugged with cat fur, dog fur etc.. it can have a problem in getting out that way, likewise if the internal exhaust passages are full of ash it makes it harder for that path to function.

However the normal culprit is a gunked up convection system, if the convection blower is filled with dog, cat, woolly mammoth hair heating up the abode becomes problematical and the limit switches stop the stove. Now this also happens if the convection blower fails or the convection blower thermals off due to its cooling fan being cruded up. Dust bunnies in the blower motor also don't help.

Your stove also may have air filters on its convection system that if yup you got it are dirty ends up with the limit switches stopping the stove.

Looks like a very good cleaning might be in order.

Well checking those switches isn't going to do a thing except if the limit switch is of the manual reset type which requires you to reset it.

The stove is having trouble getting rid of the heat it is producing.

It has two ways to get rid of that heat and uses both, one is up the flue, if the combustion blower is plugged with cat fur, dog fur etc.. it can have a problem in getting out that way, likewise if the internal exhaust passages are full of ash it makes it harder for that path to function.

However the normal culprit is a gunked up convection system, if the convection blower is filled with dog, cat, woolly mammoth hair heating up the abode becomes problematical and the limit switches stop the stove. Now this also happens if the convection blower fails or the convection blower thermals off due to its cooling fan being cruded up. Dust bunnies in the blower motor also don't help.

Your stove also may have air filters on its convection system that if yup you got it are dirty ends up with the limit switches stopping the stove.

Looks like a very good cleaning might be in order.

thanks smokey I did clean it but maybe not good enough. but I cant get the h1 code to leave. I tried all the buttons that the manual says and what people have said on this site.i'm stumped. I cant do anything till that h1 code is gone. right when I plug the stove in its there. I really enjoyed the heat that I had for those 3 days so I need to figure this out. like I said its at my camp so its not in front of me.

thanks smokey I did clean it but maybe not good enough. but I cant get the h1 code to leave. I tried all the buttons that the manual says and what people have said on this site.i'm stumped. I cant do anything till that h1 code is gone. right when I plug the stove in its there. I really enjoyed the heat that I had for those 3 days so I need to figure this out. like I said its at my camp so its not in front of me.

The stove is allowed 3 h code shut downs and then it locks you out, call Drolet.

there r no filters on it. does the computer sense its plugged right away? it doesn't start up or anything except it shows that h1 code. I hope its not the board.

from what others said they were able to punch in a code. which is what I did. still was locked. i'll try with drolet but very hard to get a hold of.

from what others said they were able to punch in a code. which is what I did. still was locked. i'll try with drolet but very hard to get a hold of.

SBI should also be able to help.

there r no filters on it. does the computer sense its plugged right away? it doesn't start up or anything except it shows that h1 code. I hope its not the board.

I don't know when things get sensed it is likely after the stove gets hot enough to trip one of the sensors.

The companies are all hard to get in touch with which is why there is a dealer network and hopefully the dealers have some trained folks..

I'd assume nothing and see what develops. I definitely don't have any secret decoder ring, I'm just someone off the street.

SBI should also be able to help.

I don't know when things get sensed it is likely after the stove gets hot enough to trip one of the sensors.

The companies are all hard to get in touch with which is why there is a dealer network and hopefully the dealers have some trained folks..

I'd assume nothing and see what develops. I definitely don't have any secret decoder ring, I'm just someone off the street.
so I called them and apparently if the codes don't work, the l250 could be stuck on the open position which sends the h1 code to the computer. this is the heat sensor at the bottom of the auger. I've learnt there is also one on the top
of the auger which also could be stuck open. i'll try this. ill let u know. hopefully someone else has gone thru this that reads this and can give me anymore helpful advice.

That wouldn't surprise me especially if it is a manual reset one (I don't know because I didn't read everything in the manual only enough to be sure it was a heat related shut down), sometimes people press them to hard when resetting and they pop right back out.

I just read a bit more of the manual and boy are you lucky you have one of each, a 250::F manual reset (error display is O) and a 250 ::Fauto reset one (error display H).

I just read a bit more of the manual and boy are you lucky you have one of each, a 250::F manual reset (error display is O) and a 250 ::Fauto reset one (error display H).
actually I have 2 250 auto reset. one below the auger and one above the auger. (older model)

actually I have 2 250 auto reset. one below the auger and one above the auger. (older model)

Ok that just makes it impossilble to tell by looking if the switch has reset or not, out comes the ohm meter and with the switch out of the circuit it should read closed or open and the switch if an open on rise would be closed if it had reset.

Once the switch is acting correctly then the reset sequence should work, however you do need to find out why the switch was acting.

yeah when I took them out I tested all of them except the one above the auger which I didn't know about. they work and maybe the 250 got unstuck. the manual one seemed ok. I brought them with me home to double test them. stove is at camp. lookin forward to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.