Drolet Austral Setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DamienBricka

Feeling the Heat
Nov 3, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Finally after a few weeks of non burning I can burn again. Here are pictures of the setup. Enjoy.

PS I want to Thank All Of You for helping me make mike house sake. Thanks you once again.

02102014 006.jpg 02212014 032.jpg 02212014 034.jpg 02212014 038.jpg 02212014 042.jpg 02212014 047.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot better. How is the Austral burning?

That's a lot better. How is the Austral burning?

I have not used it yet. I will make a small fire tonight. Thanks Begreen for you all your help. Really appreciated

You're welcome. Hope this works out a lot better and safer for you. Did the pipe joints get screwed together and are all the crimped ends of the pipe pointed down toward the stove? If so you should be ready to go.

Reactions: DamienBricka
Hope this works out a lot better and safer for you.

The clearance for the Austral in the USA were 7 inches. I decided to have two 45 degree angle pipe to have a better draft so the clearance is 19 inches.
It also makes me feel better.

Thank All Of You for helping me make mike house sake.
Never been to Mikes, is that Chinese? Odd name. You willing to share that sake recipe? ::-) ;lol
Waiting on first fire pics and a report of how far you had to open the windowstat!

Attachments

• 02212014a 002.jpg
    02212014a 002.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 141
I dont understand why the clearance in a corner install is 16" to the corner of the stove but its just 7" flush against the wall?? I'd think a corner install would be closer clearances than a flush one.

I think it's because the back has the heat shield, but the sides don't hence the higher corner clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.