Drolet HT2000 or HT3000?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Longknife

Burning Hunk
Oct 12, 2016
Eastern Ontario, Canada
I've been waiting for either to go on sale all winter. I've considered some Jotul and Quadrafire models, but I feel the big Drolets are just excellent value. I'm honestly still pretty happy with my 30 y/o Seefire 2100s, and hate to move on from a still perfectly functioning stove, but it would be nice to cut back on the wood consumption slightly and gain a bit of efficiency.

I missed a deal for an HT3000 at $1350 a few months ago, but today I noticed TSC (Tractor Supply) has the HT2000 on clearance for $999. It is however out of stock, but it let me place my order online, so we'll see. I'm in no rush.

After placing the order, I figured I'd have a look at current HT3000 prices and noticed this place hass them on for $1500 delivered.

I'm a little leery of the website though as I've never heard of them, and I can imagine any post-purchase follow up is going to be an exercise in futility.

Any opinions? 2000? 3000? Stick with ole reliable?

I ended up getting the HT2000. The price was too tempting.

I have it in the basement ready to swap over, however I finding it hard to want to move on from a perfectly serviceable 30y/o stove that continues to hum along nicely. While was mild out today, I came home to a workable bed of coals and no soot on the glass after 12hrs burning not even a full firebox of ash.

Will you have to change/offset flu pipe to instalI for clearances? I would swap it over and at least try it out. I have heard nothing but positives about the 2000 and you might not believe what you have been missing after the fact. You surely will use less wood which is all the more reason. Also there is nothing wrong with keeping the old stove as a back up. You never know?

I imagine the 3000 is just a 2000 but with a different air setting that burns at a higher rate on low. Probably shorter burn time. I would get a 2000 if it were me.

I have narrowed my search down to these stoves and already cut a crap load of wood to 22 inches lol. I don't think I'm going to find the 2000 for 1k like you in South NJ however.

"I'm a little leery of the website though as I've never heard of them, and I can imagine any post-purchase follow up is going to be an exercise in futility."
The website is Drolets website. I called Drolet earlier this week and asked about the online site, and was told it was theirs.

I'm a little leery of the website though as I've never heard of them, and I can imagine any post-purchase follow up is going to be an exercise in futility.

Any opinions? 2000? 3000? Stick with ole reliable?
I purchased my stove from MFP. No issues at all and customer support is excellent.

Reactions: begreen
Looks like they cheapened the trim and changed the air control. Door looks cheap too. Looks smaller as well but not positive on that. Have to check the specs.
I would grab a 2000 while they last. They are proven stoves with fantastic reviews on the older model.

Will you have to change/offset flu pipe to instalI for clearances? I would swap it over and at least try it out. I have heard nothing but positives about the 2000 and you might not believe what you have been missing after the fact. You surely will use less wood which is all the more reason. Also there is nothing wrong with keeping the old stove as a back up. You never know?
I'm Ok for clearances. I'll probably be pushing the new stove closer to the wall just to give a little more space in the room (although it's not lacking). I have to cut the horizontal stainless chimney back though, which I'm guessing will involve a grinder with cut-off disc. Other than that, I just need to go get a few short pieces of single-wall pipe and an elbow. The old ones are fine (I clean and paint them most years), but they've got a lot of years on them and I might as well replace them for what they're worth.

I want to keep the old stove around for future projects, but space is a premium. We'll see.

Looks like they cheapened the trim and changed the air control. Door looks cheap too. Looks smaller as well but not positive on that. Have to check the specs.
I would grab a 2000 while they last. They are proven stoves with fantastic reviews on the older model.
I prefer the look of the 3000 and I believe I read on here they're are roughly the same size firebox (I think). The 3000 is right hand hinged though, and I much prefer to stay with a left hand hinge.

I did get he 2000.

"I'm a little leery of the website though as I've never heard of them, and I can imagine any post-purchase follow up is going to be an exercise in futility."
The website is Drolets website. I called Drolet earlier this week and asked about the online site, and was told it was theirs.
That would explain why they only have SBI stoves!

Reactions: enduring