Drop this one right before the storm.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
z51.jpg

MMAUL was on the saw and the squirrel rode it all the way down! Oh and had to change out to a 28 inch bar so its up there in size.

Awesome, J! ::-)
This damn weather is really slowing me down on getting some fuel stacked. Well, that and this new pup...
Did the squirrel bail out just before it hit the ground? Hope he made it OK...

Awesome, J! ::-)
This damn weather is really slowing me down on getting some fuel stacked. Well, that and this new pup...
Did the squirrel bail out just before it hit the ground? Hope he made it OK...

Yes he bail just before impact and ran to another tree. This is less than 50 yds to my stacks so its an easy one. Upside down "U" dirt mound going in to plant wild flowers for the bee and a back stop for a range.

dirt mound going in to plant wild flowers for the bee and a back stop for a range.
Wife sez Lamb's Ear is a good one for bees. Bee balm gets moldy here...too much shade maybe? She's going to dig some more up later. Takin' care of the pollinators, that's great. :cool: Would have to be a pretty good-sized mound for a backstop, no?

Reactions: smokinj
Wife sez Lamb's Ear is a good one for bees. Bee balm gets moldy here...too much shade maybe? She's going to dig some more up later. Takin' care of the pollinators, that's great. :cool: Would have to be a pretty good-sized mound for a backstop, no?

I have a pretty big ridge line that runs for about 50 yds and needs leveled anyway. I will rent a small track bucket and move it over a weekend. 160.00 plus fuel.

What kind of pup is giving you all those fits Woody ?
I guess I'll post in the Inglenook about him when I get a chance. Need eyes in the back of my head to keep up with him. ;lol

What kind of tree. Oak?

Looking at the shape of the branches and the wood exposed on the broken branch, I'm guessing some type of Maple?

Reactions: smokinj
Pretty sure its silver.
Man, that would be jackpot material for me right now; Trying to stack as much quick-drying stuff as I can. I've been burning a lot of mid-output wood this year and it's been doin' the job. Red Maple and Cherry, mostly. Just toss in a few Oak or BL with it when I need a longer burn.

Reactions: TimJ
Man, that would be jackpot material for me right now; Trying to stack as much quick-drying stuff as I can. I've been burning a lot of mid-output wood this year and it's been doin' the job. Red Maple and Cherry, mostly. Just toss in a few Oak or BL with it when I need a longer burn.

I been wanting to drop this one for a long while now. Always find myself doing other peoples trees. I only have 2 acres and this area's being waisted. Its darn sure farm country! :)

I'm guessing some type of Maple?

:eek:. Dang Woody, you're good! I looked 3 times at that picture and never saw any opposite branching and there's too muck snow cover on the bark for me to tell anything about it. How you do dat;?

Status
Not open for further replies.