DRY CREEK is no more??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
I went by the dry creek plant on sat and it is all boarded and closed up??. I tried calling but phoe says disconnected. I had heard they were having issues so it looks like dry creek pellets are no more...

That is sad to hear. I know some people had complaints I think it was 2 years ago in the upstate area but they had fixed the problem and had a great product. Good company to work with I heard also.

I have not heard that I just put in my order of 5 tons have not paid for them yet. But as of two weeks ago my dealer was getting ready to place thier order.

I hate to see any mill shut its doors the more brands out there the better it is for the end user. It creates competition and gives people options with the many stoves out there. It should make the mills keep up on quality also to make sure users don't change brands.

bkfc255 said:
I have not heard that I just put in my order of 5 tons have not paid for them yet. But as of two weeks ago my dealer was getting ready to place thier order.

If you absolutely HAVE to pay for pellets "not on the ground" yet, this is the way to do it......pay for them when delivery to your place is set up or when they are delivered....that way, if the mill closes its doors, has a strike, burns down, etc, you arent out of the money! I still think the time is now to get the pellets though!

bkfc255 said:

You might try calling your pellet dealer and see if he is "up to speed" on the plant closing. If he still says he can get the pellets, ask where their coming from, how old they are, etc.

Personally, I don't think I'd want one of the last batches out of the plant....the workers losing their jobs might not have cared one way or the other if the quality was good....just my opinion.

I call the dealer close to me BT Enterprises, HE told me that he just recieved 3 trailers and has 2 on their way in. He talked with the owner of Dry Creek and everything is fine.

woodsman23 said:
I went by the dry creek plant on sat and it is all boarded and closed up??. I tried calling but phoe says disconnected. I had heard they were having issues so it looks like dry creek pellets are no more...

Just spoke with Dry Creek seems like it's a bad rumor!

zap

TO WOODMAN 23 , MY NAME IS GREG PALMER OWNER AND PRESIDENT OF DRY CREEK PRODUCTS . I REALLY WISH YOU WOULD BE SURE OF YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU POST THINGS THAT ARE NOT TRUE . WE ARE RUNNING 5 DAYS A WEEK 12 HOURS A DAY OUR PHONES ARE WORKING AS ALWAYS ,CALL MARY OR ME AT 585-492-2990 AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TELL YOU WHATS HAPPENING HERE IN ARCADE NY . BETTER YET STOP BY AND I WILL GIVE YOU A TOUR!

PS. YOU WON'T NEED A CROWBAR TO GET IN %#@%%

drypellet said:
TO WOODMAN 23 , MY NAME IS GREG PALMER OWNER AND PRESIDENT OF DRY CREEK PRODUCTS . I REALLY WISH YOU WOULD BE SURE OF YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU POST THINGS THAT ARE NOT TRUE . WE ARE RUNNING 5 DAYS A WEEK 12 HOURS A DAY OUR PHONES ARE WORKING AS ALWAYS ,CALL MARY OR ME AT 585-492-2990 AND I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO TELL YOU WHATS HAPPENING HERE IN ARCADE NY . BETTER YET STOP BY AND I WILL GIVE YOU A TOUR!

PS. YOU WON'T NEED A CROWBAR TO GET IN %#@%%

Greg, Wow Greg my most humble apologies for jumping the gun here and assuming things. I drove past your place sat. and it just looked closed up. I then went to arcade lumber (where i buy your pellets) to ask and his guy said that you folks may have closed up but he was not positive!, I asked for your plant number and he gave me A number (which was the wrong number) i called and i got a disconnected message. The number he gave me was with a 716 area code not 585.

I Had put question marks in my original post title not knowing for sure what was going on. I burn your pellets all the time and they are great pellets. I live 12 miles from your plant and i always try to buy local to support our business and put people to work.
Again i am sorry for jumping to conclusions here without further checking and i wish your place the best. I would love to have a tour of the place.!!!. I will be calling soon. I am glad things are well at DRY CREEK!!! Maybe this will be a good bit of positive advertising for your company in the end. Now knowing your alive and kicking i will be buying more tons from< DRY CREEK> .

Hurrah for Dry Creek pellets! I loved em when they were available in my area.
Glad to hear they are still up and running as usual.
All that said, it underscores what a fledgling and unreliable industry it still is.
Folks having to buy early to ensure a supply one year to the next. Never knowing what the price will be.
Oil is unstable too but you`d think the wood pellet industry had a leg up on it but alas , it`s really no better.

Great to hear that the original info was in error......we need all the pellet plants we can get. Welcome "Back", DryCreek.

Oh, and BTW Drypellet (Greg), don't be a stranger to the forum. We really like being able to go to "the horses mouth" with questions about pellets, stoves, etc. 2 examples that come to mind is Mike Holton at Englander Stoves, and BTU at Okanagan.

Well I am glad to hear that. I can go and pay for my pellets now. Greg by the way when I tried your email on your website about two weeks ago it was not working. My question is what is your btu's per pound. Icant find it anywhere.
Chris

boy, did Greg chewed your arse out!!, even screamed in CAPS at you.........hahaha
I have a few bags of Creek left in my garage , prob few yr's old, got them from a guy i used to work with in Bristol, didnt burn all that well month ago.

Well i am man enough to admit i jumped the gun on this. But when the phone don't ring and the web site don't work and suppliers are saying "closed " what's a man to think. Plus driving by the place looking kinda shabby and well closed up...... I'd still like to tour the joint though................

woodsman23 said:
Well i am man enough to admit i jumped the gun on this. But when the phone don't ring and the web site don't work and suppliers are saying "closed " what's a man to think. Plus driving by the place looking kinda shabby and well closed up...... I'd still like to tour the joint though................

Well, if the place is a Dry Creek facility and actually conveys a closed look or is shabby in appearance what can one think? IMO its an obligation of any business to convey a presentable and prosperous look . I mean when you consider there have been some problems within the industry I think it certainly could have been a plausable assumption on your part.
But in the end it all got sorted so minimal damage done.

Gio said:
woodsman23 said:

Well, if the place is a Dry Creek facility and actually conveys a closed look or is shabby in appearance what can one think? IMO its an obligation of any business to convey a presentable and prosperous look . I mean when you consider there have been some problems within the industry I think it certainly could have been a plausable assumption on your part.
But in the end it all got sorted so minimal damage done.

Agreed, one would thing a big bright sign or something to enhance things..

Glad to hear you are still open. Your pellets are very well liked in the Syracuse area. Sadley I don't sell them but I like having some one say yea I got Dry Creek made in NY and loved them.

glad to hear that the dry creek plant is still running. once i get the $ (unemployment doesnt pay much) going to get my 3 ton.

Status
Not open for further replies.