Duh, what was I thinking?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
Jake, I did a bit of research quite a bit before I got my wife too.

I hope you didn't find the info on the internet lol... If it doesn't work out you can upgrade to wife ver. 2.0

:lol:

Ray

Well, both of us are getting a bit outdated....

Backwoods Savage said:
Jake, I did a bit of research quite a bit before I got my wife too.

No kidding . . . me too . . . dated for over two years before deciding I had done enough research to be sure she was the make and model for me . . . and apparently her research agreed. ;) Coming up on our 15th year wedding anniversary this August.

Backwoods Savage said:
Well, both of us are getting a bit outdated....

Nah, you're like classic cars . . . while there may be a few quirks and they may not run as fast or be all high tech they still run fine and many folks can appreciate something that runs well and is reliable.

Jake, you won't catch us for a while. Next month we'll have our 49th.

Backwoods Savage said:

That's awesome Dennis! My parents made 50 unfortunately my Mom passed away a few months later.. My dad hasn't been the same since then.. I hope you both live a long and healthy life!

Sincerely,
Ray

Backwoods Savage said:
Congrats Dennis, 41 for us this June. You will have to do something special for her in about a year :)

Steve, just a little secret here. I try to do something special for her every day! I tried that about 49 years ago and it worked so well I just sort of created the habit.

Backwoods Savage said:
Steve, just a little secret here. I try to do something special for her every day! I tried that about 49 years ago and it worked so well I just sort of created the habit.
You are a very smart man, Dennis! (of course we all knew that already). I think all of us married for a long time have those secrets. Her little Hampton stove in the kitchen was my latest "something special" and she loves it. We better be careful though, or we will get HollowHill's thread dumped to the Ash Can. :)

It won't be dumped but my humble apology to HollowHill. We really did not mean to hijack this thread.

Duh, what was I thinking?

pen

Backwoods Savage said:
It won't be dumped but my humble apology to HollowHill. We really did not mean to hijack this thread.

No need for an apology, I've been enjoying this thread immensely! Definitely plan on relaying to my husband your trick for dealing with an ornery redhead, a few pointers never hurt ;-)

HollowHill said:
Backwoods Savage said:

No need for an apology, I've been enjoying this thread immensely! Definitely plan on relaying to my husband your trick for dealing with an ornery redhead, a few pointers never hurt ;-)
So how goes the stove search? Have you decided on anything yet?

tfdchief said:

Unless the new Frankenstove from Woodstock comes in at a price I can't afford, it's the choice for me. I've got my 2 cord of seasoned wood stacked and I'm anxiously awaiting the 6 cord of "down a year and a half" to arrive. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks. Then I just have to patiently wait :roll: for news on the new stove.

HollowHill said:
tfdchief said:

Unless the new Frankenstove from Woodstock comes in at a price I can't afford, it's the choice for me. I've got my 2 cord of seasoned wood stacked and I'm anxiously awaiting the 6 cord of "down a year and a half" to arrive. Hopefully within the next 2 weeks. Then I just have to patiently wait :roll: for news on the new stove.
Sounds good, keep us posted (with pics). I know how you feel. I was the same way with our kitchen install. Now I can't wait for next winter to really get to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.